Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Knitting for AG dolls.

  1. #1
    Inactive Member lucybelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 8th, 2005
    Posts
    92
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I started a sweater for an AG doll and I thought when I checked the time it'd only be about 11 something but it's one am nearly! It must be due to my infatuation with my dolls that I lose track of time. Do any of you knit for your dolls? I find it more enjoyable than for myself! Ash.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Stephanie31802's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 16th, 2004
    Posts
    299
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yes! I LOVE to knit for my dolls! It's much better than knitting for people. The projects get done much faster. I'm so addicted. I have Christmas gifts that I have to knit, but haven't because I'm so busy knitting doll stuff! Do you have any links to free knitting patterns? I just lost my bookmarks and would love to get some of my links back.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member lucybelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 8th, 2005
    Posts
    92
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    No, I don't know any good links, but I just bought a book of 18" doll sweaters to knit on clearance at Hobby Lobby yesterday. I also like to make up my own patterns or take one for a human and adjust it to doll size. Ash.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member tatabatata's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2005
    Posts
    595
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am addicted to knitting and addicted to AG... a dangerous combination!!!

    I went to ACMoore today and came back with over $20 in yarn for the dollies (mine, DD's and Ria's!)!!!!

    Here are some links:

    Vermont Grammy

    craftfinder

    knitting pattern central

    knitting about

    infinite freedom


    Addicted???? Who... MEEE????!?!!

    Ana [img]redface.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member lucybelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 8th, 2005
    Posts
    92
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    What type of clothing and accessories do you like to make the most? Ash. I enjoy purses--so tiny and cute!

  6. #6
    HB Forum Owner moderator's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 20th, 1999
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've knitted a sweater for my AG. I used a reprint of the lovely Mary Frances Knitting and Crocheting Book. It is a very old book, which tries to teach girls how to knit and crochet by making an entire wardrobe for their doll. Unfortunately, the patterns are for a smaller doll, but since I never pay attention to needle sizes, the sweater I knit fits 18" dolls. [img]wink.gif[/img] It's a fun book because the patterns are all very Samantha-era-ish. This book taught me how to knit and crochet, and the very first things I ever knitted or crocheted were for my dolls! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] So yes, I love knitting! It is so addictive and you lose all track of time.

    Some of you may enjoy the book The World of Knitted Toys by Kath Dalmeny. I uploaded photos of finished projects here: http://www.angelfire.com/mi/FAST/molly.html
    I got the book to make toys for my cat, but the gorilla is for me, and after also knitting a little kitten, now I'm helping my mom knit a grizzly bear cub. It's a great book, and some of the projects make decent-sized "mini" animals that would work for AGs. If you knit with a highly textured yarn, the knitting doesn't even show. (My mom's bear is in chenille yarn, and looks like chenille material.) So the knitted husky dog, if knitted in a textured yarn, might look like a real dog, for example. The animals aren't all to the same scale, but I'm sure some would work for AGs, and the finished size is listed right in the book!

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ November 20, 2005 11:05 PM: Message edited by: Melissa ]</font>

  7. #7
    Inactive Member dornroeschen's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    1,053
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yesterday evening I just finished a cardigan for Kamilla's Marisol. I still have some of the yarn left over and will knit her a matching hat too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •